News And New Music Roundup: Disturbed, Fuck The Facts, Wolfheart, Pissgrave And More!
Some new jams and some new tour announcements.
August 4th will be the day Pissgrave will release their debut album. And here is a song that is a song off of that aforementioned album. Quite evil black metal with a quite fucked up cover. Vocals aren’t as forefront as on the demo, which means it’s less good (according to Ed, at least).
Wolfheart – the current project of Tuomas Saukkonen (Before The Dawn, Black Sun Aeon…) has released details of their upcoming sophomore. Shadow World will be released on August 21st and you can check the cover art here. Unlike it’s predecessor, Shadow World is a full-band effort – see here for a teaser. If you have enjoyed Saukkonen’s previous projects you will most likely enjoy this one too. Melodic death metal with varying degrees of gothic-influences and some doom-sensitivities. Although the doom was replaced by more ferocious near-blackened riffs on Wolfheart’s debut, I wouldn’t be surprised to hear it now. At least he kind of promised to bring back the clean vocals.
Disturbed, oh most noble among bands, has descended to our midst for that we may take their blessing to cherish. And to remind us that there shalt be no twisting of tongues or ill-speak against their word for now that they once more lie unified they hath taken upon themselves the form of the vengeful one. And words they spake – that the coming of their Immortalization shalt be the 21st morn come the dawn of August. Upon this day shall their visage be carved onto mountains like some face of God and their deeds shall no more escape the hearts and minds of men.
Finnish black metal legends Horna have unveiled a new song from their upcoming album Hengen Tulet. No word on the release date yet, but the song can be heard below by all eager ears.
- Did you hear? Arch Enemy got even saucier. No, they didn’t hire a female guitarist you sexist pig. They launched a hot sauce brand, Burning Angel. Your taste bdubs can be graced with it exclusively on The Summer Slaughter Tour so get yer tickets.
- Shit like this doth happen.
- On September 18th will be released Abysmal, The Black Dahlia Murder’s latest effort. You can stream a new song “Vlad, Son of the Dragon” , as well as pre-order the album here.
- John Haughm of Agalloch teamed up with Mathias Grassow again – to release the duo’s sophomore full-length Aurae. If you did enjoy the Gazing Too long Into The Abyss series, this could be for you.
- Oh, and Cattle Decapitation premiered a new track.
- Skepticism is finally releasing their new, live-recorded, album Ordeal on September 18th, cover art here.
- The Sword released a new song and I have absolutely zero interest in the stale crap this band is now if the album continues in a similar vein.
- Brujeria gets back in action with a tour.
- Fuck The Facts is streaming a new song here.
- Maryland Deathfest 2016 has released to the public a part of its line-up.