TMP: Iron Monkey, Code Orange, Ensiferum And More!
The joke has turned sour, and once again the world looks upon it’s weary saviour. But the ravages of time are irreversible and unforgivingly cruel – can our hero deliver the news in time? Find out in the next exiting episode of – The Monday Press!
One of the more celebrated cult sludge bands, Iron Monkey is back. The new full-length 9-13 will hit the stores on October 20th. While you wait, you can jam “OmegaMangler” below.
Charlie Looker, known for his work in Psalm Zero, will be contributing backing vocals on a few upcoming Zeal & Ardor shows.
Doing backing vox with @zealandardor on their US shows 8/19 LA, 8/20 Vegas, 8/22 Chicago, 8/23 NYC. Very much looking forward…
— Charlie Looker (@charlielooker) August 17, 2017
Code Orange performed the theme for wrestler Aleister Black at WWE’s minor league, NXT: The Takeover, with the vocalist of Incendiary.
Moonspell will release 1755 on November 3rd. Thus spake Fernando Ribeiro, concerning it: “I have been fascinated with Portuguese history since I can remember. The year of 1755 marked the birth of a new Portugal. Much more than just the greatest natural disaster ever to occur on European soil, the great Lisbon Quake, shockwaves can not be reduced to a dramatic death toll. From absolute tragedy, a new city was born, giving way to a new time where Portuguese relied more on themselves than on the crown or the cross, granting us, much of the city, the lay country, the free will that we enjoy today. This is not just another album from us. It’s a musical and lyrical History document, a homage we pay to our legacy and to the amazing skills and resilience of our fellow Portuguese back then, of all mankind when brought down to the knees by the violent forces of Nature and Reason.”
To support the record they’re heading out for a euro-tour with Cradle of Filth, also soon to release their new record, Cryptoriana (Sep 22nd) – no word on US dates as of writing.
01/18 Prague, CZE – Roxy
01/19 Ostrava, CZE – Garage
01/20 Bratislava, SLO – MMC
01/21 Budapest, HUN – A38
01/23 Krakow, POL – Kwadrat
01/24 Warsaw, POL – Progresja
01/25 Gdansk, POL – B90
01/27 Leipzig, GER – Hellraiser
01/28 Berlin, GER – C-Club
01/29 Hamburg, GER – Gruenspan
01/30 Bremen, GER – Schlachthof
02/01 Tilburg, NET – 013
02/02 Haarlem, NET – Patronaat
02/03 Osnabruck, GER – Hyde Park
02/04 Cologne, GER – Essigfabrik
02/06 Bochum, GER – Zeche
02/07 Frankfurt, GER – Batschkapp
02/08 Nurnberg, GER – Hirsch
02/09 Saarbrucken, GER – Garage
02/10 Pratteln, SWI – Z7
02/12 Milano, ITA – Live Club
02/13 Bologna, ITA – Zona Roveri
02/14 St. Etienne, FRA – Le Fil
02/15 Barcelona, SPA – Salamandra 1
02/16 Madrid, SPA – Penelope
02/18 Limoges, FRA – CC John Lennon
02/19 Paris, FRA – La Machine Du Moulin Rouge
02/20 Lille, FRA – Le Metaphone
02/21 Besancon, FRA – La Rodia
02/23 Stuttgart, GER – LKA Longhorn
02/24 TBA, GER – TBA
02/25 Dornbirn, AUT – Conrad Sohms
02/26 Wien, AUT – Simm City
02/27 Munchen, GER – Backstage Werk
03/01 Vosselaar, BEL – Biebob
03/02 Flensburg, GER – Roxy
03/03 Odense, DEN – Posten
03/04 Oslo, NOR – Vulkan Arena
03/05 Stockholm SWE – Fryhuset Klubben
03/07 Helsinki, FIN – Nosturi
03/08 St. Petersburg, RUS – Aurora Concert Hall
03/09 Moscow, RUS – Yotaspace
- The Haunted released a new video for “Preachers of Death“, look for Strength In Numbers in stores August 25th
- Today in new videos for ancient songs, Sabaton released a new World of Tanks commercial. And Arkona realized an old idea for “Serbia” taken from Yav.
- If you ever wondered what it would like if Leo Moracchioli was four women, or really liked Children of Bodom’s barely-metalized pop covers, you now have Exit Eden.
- UK prog metal veterans Threshold will be releasing double-album, Legends Of The Shires, on September 8th. Check out new songs “Small Dark Lines” and “Lost In Translation” with returning vocalist Glynn Morgan. Album to feature guest contribution from founding member Jon Jeary.
- Hatebreed plans double anniversary tour for Satisfaction Is The Death of Desire and Perseverance.
- Nergal + Slayer = Evil Has No Boundaries
- Sacha Dunable (Intronaut), Derek Donley (Bereft) and Dan Wilburn (Mouth of The Architect) form Future Usses, stream song.
- Mastodon to release Cold Dark Place in September, written entirely by Brent Hinds and if prior information is correct, won’t feature Bill Kelliher.
- If that’s not prog enough for you, Ne Obliviscaris has got you covered, sorry Andy.
- Samael released a new lyric video, I wish it didn’t make Passage look like a damn riff-fest.
- Evanescence re-recorded “Bring Me To Life“
- Retiring black metal veterans Arckanum released a single from their final album.
- Archgoat is streaming their new EP, Eternal damnation of Christ, in full to promote their next album to be released in 2018, and an euro-tour with Bölzer and Svartidaudi. Tour dates inside.
-Further bands that released new music/videos for your ears and eyes to potentially enjoy-