TMP: Conan, Primitive Man, Barren Earth, and More!
It’s national “call in sick (bloated and hungover)” day in the US. Metal might not be what you want to hear this early, but I have a whole bunch of news to share.
Amon Amarth is touring the US with Goatwhore.
Conan is touring with North. I’ve somehow never listened to Conan, and I’ll fix that, but North is awesome.
Those of us who purchased that awesome Zeal and Ardor album after Ron Deuce wrote about it last year have been confused as to why the album vanished from public view. If you haven’t been keeping up, he got picked up by a label and is releasing the album again soon. He also got a band together to perform live. Here’s a little taste of that.
Non-metal band that I have a hard time explaining but I sorta like anyway, Future Islands, has a new song out, album coming in April.
Damnit Mastodon, I thought you wanted me to be a new fan?
- They might publish more info between when I am writing this and when it comes out, but Bandcamp estimated they sold about $1,000,000 worth of music on Friday.
- Paris’ Download Fest announced most of their lineup. Spoiler alert, it’s more bad than good.
- I don’t think many people here care, but the other outlets haven’t stopped talking about Suicide Silence over the past few weeks, so here’s a new song I guess.
- Kayo Dot’s frontman Toby Driver released the first song off his new solo project. It’s like a slightly more chill version of what Kayo has been putting out recently.
- Thrill Jockey put together a big compilation of new covers/unreleased tracks from a few toilet favorites like The Body & Full of Hell and Yob to support the Baton Rouge area after it was slammed with floods last year.
- Demon Hunter is releasing a new album in March.
- Xibalba (the California one, so no complaining this time) released a new song via Decibel.
- Finnish progressive death metal band Barren Earth will be entering the studio soon.
- The Great Old Ones announced the first part of a European tour.
- Warbringer, Havok, and Exmortus have a small west coast tour set up.
- So What Fest (March / Texas) has a few bands I wouldn’t mind seeing, like Harm’s Way and Eidola.
- The Atlas Moth is almost done with their next album.
- New tracks by Deez Nuts, Overkill, Havok, and Svart Crown.
- Actually decent rock band He Is Legend have a new album coming out in April.
- Primitive Man booked studio time for their next album.
- Weedeater and ASG are touring the southeast.
- I honestly have no idea what this means, but it was my favorite headline of the week: “Basement sign with Fueled by Ramen”
There was just too much news to handle over the past few days, so I am sure a few things slipped through the cracks, what did I miss?