TMP: Vintersorg, Origin, Cobalt, and More!
In non-metal news, the NHL and NBA seasons are wrapping up. I mildly care about one of them. That’s all for sports, now back to Jeremy in the studio.
Full Terror Assault festival is happening in Cave In Rock, Illinois, and if you were wondering where the hell that is (as a native IL resident, I surely was), it’s basically in Kentucky.
New Vintersorg, I haven’t listened to it yet, so no spoilers. Album out June 30.
Here’s a new Accept song. I don’t think this is a legal upload, so I think you can find it on other streaming services if this goes down.
Nuclear Blast is going crazy this week. Here’s new Origin.
- Abhorrent Decimation shared a teaser of their new album, out July 28.
- Incantation is going to tour the US with Marduk and Abysmal Dawn, but I can’t find dates yet.
- Listen to a new Tombs track here.
- Steven Wilson released a new song, which you can find on Spotify and other streaming services. As a huge SW fan, the best I can do is “Meh, better than the last single I guess?”
- Baroness parted ways with guitarist Pete Adams and hired Gina Gleason as replacement.
- Adult Swim is doing that track release thing again, enlisting Sleep, Pallbearer, Wolves in the Throne Room, and Zeal & Ardor this year. Full list here.
- Marty Friedman has a new album coming soon. Here’s a song.
- Vattnet Viskar shortened their name to just Vattnet and released a new song. Looks like they shortened their sound from “Really Good” to just “Really?” too.
- Fredrik Thordendal is going to sit out the next Meshuggah tour with Per Nilsson filling in.
- In this Moment released a new live video, new album out July 21.
- Cobalt’s vocalist severely fucked up his foot on their European tour, and so had to postpone their US tour with Aseethe.
- The whole Kathy Griffin dismembered Don’s head thing is now involving metal bands for some reason.
- Machine Head might be in the studio.
- Hardcore punk band Stick to Your Guns is recording a new album.
- Tech metal’s punching bag Rings of Saturn released a new song.
- Charlie Looker from Psalm Zero launched a Kickstarter for his solo project.
- Last Mercy Emissions is holding a fundraiser in an attempt to create an annual metal fest in Maine.
- Taake had to cancel their US shows because of visa issues.