Vote: You Pick The Top Albums ov 2008
Since the site’s inception, we’ve held annual community polls to determine our favourite records – but what of the years prior to the Bowl’s existence? Today is your chance to let us know what album(s) would have made your “Best of 2008” list.
A few months ago on the Toilet ov Hell Social Club I asked the group to participate in a poll to try and gauge if there was concensus on which albums kicked the most arse from the utterly meaningless years before the Flushening®. So starting with 2013 and descending from there, I asked the group to nominate only their most cherished records and upvote all the stuff they dug at the time/dig now. The votes poured in, and while we did end up with a pretty good cross-section of what the diverse demographic dug, it occurred to me that a bunch of you dwelling in the doldrums of Disqus might like to voice your opinions too. The way this will run is via essentially the same method as we do for the end-of-year community album polls.
Last time we did 2009. Even if you didn’t miss that post, I recommend clicking here and double-checking you got your all votes in as some more albums were nominated during the interim. Today is all about 2008 though, so let’s go.
- Don’t be a dingus
- Make sure all comments are shown before supplying your entry
- List your favorite album(s) in the comments
- Don’t nominate an album that sucks
- Crucify that fucken ctrl+f to make sure you aren’t being a reposting dingus
- Upvote the other albums you love
- Downvoting is useless
- Double-check the record you’re nominating is from 2008
- Don’t be a dingus!
Now just to get you started, I’ll post a heap of the polling options to refresh your memory of some of the albums from 2008. As discussed last week, add these in the comments to vote for them, then add your own too.
- Opeth – Watershed
- Virus – The Black Flux
- Meshuggah – obZen
- Cynic – Traced In Air
- Gojira – The Way Of All Flesh
- Esoteric – The Maniacal Vale
- The Faceless – Planetary Duality
- Dead Congregation – Graves Of The Archangels
- Decrepit Birth – Diminishing Between Worlds
- Mitochondrion – Archaeaeon
- Earth – The Bees Made Honey In The Lion’s Skull
- Ihsahn – angL
- Origin – Antithesis
- Amon Amarth – Twilight Of The Thunder
- Hail Of Bullets – …Of Frost & War
- The Sword – Gods OF Earth
- Krallice – Krallice
- Russian Circles – Station
- Toxic Holocaust – An Overdose Of Death
- Protest The Hero – Fortress
- Manilla Road – Voyager
- Intronaut – Prehistoricisms
- Intestine Baalism – Ultimate Instinct
- Genghis Tron – Board Up The House
- Psycroptic – Ob(Servant)
- Diskord – Doomscapes