The Monday Press: Red Fang, Behemoth, VHÖL and More!
It’s finally the week of the TovH sponsored Nerds Across the Northeast tour! I am very excited to go see Hadean on Wednesday in CT at some sketchy dive bar. I’ll be the guy in the Toilet shirt if any fellow nerds will be there.
Ne Obliviscaris are going on a North American tour with Black Crown Initiate and Starkill.
Thank You Scientist released the first single from their new album Stranger Heads Prevail, out July 29th. It’s decent, but I am hoping this is one of the more laid back songs on the album.
Red Fang, who have a new album coming this fall, are touring Europe with Torche. I imagine we will be able to see the smoke cloud from across the Atlantic.
Sep 26: Brighton Concorde 2, UK
Sep 27: London Koko, UK
Sep 28: Bristol Bierkeller, UK
Sep 29: Leeds Stylus, UK
Sep 30: Manchester Manchester Academy 2, UK
Oct 02: Birmingham Institute 2, UK
Oct 03: Glasgow Garage, UK
Oct 04: Newcastle Riverside, UK
Oct 05: Southampton Engine Rooms, UK
Oct 07: Athens Desert Fest, Greece
Oct 09: Paris Trabendo, France
Oct 10: Munich Strom, Germany
Oct 11: Vienna Szene Wien, Austria
Oct 12: Berlin Huxleys, Germany
Oct 13: Cologne Essingfabrik, Germany
Oct 15: Leipzig Conne Island, Germany
Oct 16: Hamburg Markethalle, Germany
Oct 18: Odense Posten, Denmark
Oct 19: Oslo John Dee, Norway
Oct 20: Stockholm Debaser Medis, Sweden
Oct 21: Malmo KB, Sweden
Oct 22: Munster Skater’s Place, Germany
Oct 23: Karlsruhe Substage, Germany
Oct 24: Amsterdam Melkweg, Netherlands
I so very rarely care about remasters, but Pain of Salvation released a sample of their remix of Remedy Lane, which has always been one of my favorite albums despite it sounding like shit. I am excited for this one, out July 1st.
- Behemoth shared a little jam session on InstantGraham, presumably of them working on their newest album. It sounds…different (which gives credence to Nergal saying the next album would be post-punk influenced).
- Tech Death band Deceptionist released one more song before the June 17th release of their sophomore album.
- Meshuggah are releasing a monster box set of basically everything they have ever done, including 7 LPs and 3 EPs, and a bunch of other goodies. Pre-order now for only $250!
- I am still trying to figure out exactly what the Adult Swim Singles Series is, but VHÖL released a new song on it. Check it out here.
- The last day of Germany’s Rock am Ring festival was cancelled due to some crazy weather. Lightning hurt 80 people this year and also at least 33 people last year. It would seem that the gods do not like mixing radio rock with even the untvrest of metal.
- In spoopy news, HP Lovecraft’s The Lurking Fear is being read and recorded onto vinyl, with backing ambience by Industrial Death band Theologian. It’s a pretty neat project, but prints will be very limited, so check out a sample and pre-order it soon.
- Crowbar is parting ways with their bassist, according to this Fbook post.