TMP: Katatonia, Vale of Pnath, Suffocation, and More!
In unofficial news, both Moon Tooth and Thank You Scientist played new songs when I saw them on Thursday, so expect new music from them at some point. Both bands played a fantastic set, I can’t recommend them enough.
Hellfest is being amazingly nice to people like me who like to go home early by picking these headliners.
Katatonia announced a US tour with Caspian and Uncured.
Collaboration between Neurosis’ Scott Kelly and Buried At Sea’s Sanford Parker, Mirrors for Psychic Warfare, have a little West Coast tour coming up.
Death metal band The Ominous Circle released a new track over at Decibel. I never shared the first one, so here’s that. Album out January 27.
Hardcore band Advent premiered a new track off the EP, out January 27.
Doom won the “Best Music” award at the Video Game Awards. They performed a song live featuring Periphery’s drummer.
- Sabaton are touring North America with Leaves’ Eyes.
- Deafheaven are diving head first into their hipster stereotype by setting up a tour with This Will Destroy You and Emma Ruth Rundle.
- Vale of Pnath were in a car accident after the first date of a tour. They set up a Gofundme that was completed pretty quickly to help rent a van.
- Gojira have a few UK dates coming up in March.
- Progressive death metal band Persefone set up a page on Bandcamp for their upcoming album. No tracks available yet, but here’s their last album if you haven’t heard it. I’m a little upset I hadn’t heard of them until now.
- Hardcore band Purgatory released two new songs.
- Carcass should have a new album next year.
- Pain of Salvation have an upcoming European tour.
- Blind Guardian did something, but I don’t have the patience to figure out what exactly.
- Suffocation started working on their next album.
- Decibel’s tour this year will feature Kreator, Obituary, and Horrendous.