ALBUM PREMIERE: Nadimač – “Besnilo”
Wednesdays are awful. You’re only halfway through the work week, you’re behind on bills, and the weekend won’t offer much relief knowing you’re just two days away from more fucking work. And that’s assuming you’re lucky enough to even find a full time M-F job. It’s enough to drive a person to madness. But Wednesdays aren’t the problem, capitalism is. Serbia’s Nadimač have a solution with their latest full-length, Besnilo.
Besnilo, the fifth LP from Belgrade-based crossover punks Nadimač, is a furious record that captures the righteous anger of four dudes that recognize the current state of affairs is completely fucked. The result is a banger of an album that has me moshing like mad and hitting repeat over and over. Seriously, just listen to “Analni Ovcar” and tell me that doesn’t shred face.
If you’re sick of the poor getting poorer while the rich get richer, if you’re enraged that the atmosphere is poisoned for short-term profits, if you’re tired of trading your precious hours of life for a substandard wage, you might just find something to like with Besnilo.
The album tracklist with delightful English translations:
1. Uvod u Besnilo (The Indignation Echo)
2. Palikuca (Flaming Vendetta)
3. Jednom Nogom u Gradu (Escapism Against Modernism)
4. Kapitalizam je Kanibalizam (Capitalism is Cannibalism)
5. Revolucija u Izlogu (Shopping Revolution)
6. U Podrumu Žute Kuce (Organ Market Basement)
7. Anatomija Poslušnosti (Anatomy of Obedience)
8. Analni Ovcar (Anal Shepherd)
9. Teraj se u Kurac (Go Fuck Yourself)
10. Prvi Put sa Kevom na Šemu (My Mum’s Drugs)
11. Rodjen u Ofsajdu (Nesportski Dan) (Born in Offside [Anti-Sport Day])
12. Zemlja Povraca (Mother Earth is Vomiting)
13. Crna Štampa (Diarrhea Newsweek)
14. Bez Ograda, bez Barijera (Against Elitism, Pro Unity)