The Monday Press: Batushka, Inter Arma, Viking Tours, and More!
Welcome to the first edition of The Monday Press, a new news segment delivered by a man with a new name, but the same terrible opinions. My original name started as a thesis statement, one that would call people out on their misunderstanding of the world, but since that is needed less and less these days, as my environment has improved substantially, I decided to go with something less… accusatory. When you go on a hike, be sure to bring your Joaquin Stick!
Some crazy assholes took it upon themselves to make sure that Batushka (БАТЮШКА) were “banned from Russia” this weekend.
Inter Arma released a new single off their upcoming album Paradise Gallows, out July 5th. Don’t be confused by the colorful artwork; it is the same Inter Arma that we’re used to.
There are two viking-themed tours starting this month in the US, so be prepared to get plundered, then plundered again. Visigoth are on tour with Night Demon and Against the Grain. Amon Amarth are on tour with Entombed A.D and Exmortus. Amon Amarth also have a new touring drummer.
Enslaved and Ne Obliviscaris will be touring Europe starting in September.
- Rhapsody and Primal Fear are co-headlining a North American tour starting at the end of the month. The poster doesn’t say it, but I called each venue and currently none of them are allowing chainmail chaps to be worn. Check out the dates on their Facebook page.
- One of my personal obsessions, the up-and-coming prog band A Sense of Gravity, have finished recording their sophomore album according to their Facebook page.
- If you are anything like me, you like to vote on things, not because you like them, but because you desperately want something you hate to lose. Vote on the 2016 Golden Gods Awards.
- A few weeks ago, the many-instrumented prog-rock band Thank You Scientist posted a teaser video for their new album. As far as I can tell, it’s basically impossible to link directly to the video, so find it somewhere in here.
- Australian melo-death band Be’lakor announced their new album, Vessels, that will be out June 24th. If you are unfamiliar with the band, this will be their first release since 2012.
- In old people news, Judas Priest say they have an album arriving in early 2017, and a new Metallica album is “almost done,” and Overkill have a bunch of songs demoed for a new album.
- Lord Vicar announced a release date of May 27th for their upcoming album, Gates of Flesh.
That’s all for this week, stay classy metal world.