TMP: Possessed & Behemoth with Pentagram and More!
The Stick is dead! But fear not thee writhing worshippers – Thy Saviour has come, bearing the fruit of the news tree.
Pentagram’s run into some trouble as Bobby Liebling is unable to join them on their current adventures. These are the facts, we shall not speculate on gossip.
(Facebook was being all cranky and wouldn’t embed, so use this hyperlink to jump in on their page)
Death metal legends Possessed have signed to Nuclear Blast, and are currently working on an album – tentatively expected for a 2018 release date. Besides Jeff Beccera, their current line up includes current and former members from such bands as Asesino, Gruesome and Agent Steel. See announcement/teaser below.
Late last December, it was announced Tomas Lindberg, Jonas Ståhlhammar, Andreas Axelsson and Adrian Erlandsson had founded a new band called The Lurking Fear, with the mission statement: “bringing sheer, natural weirdness and horror back to the scene, as we want our death metal ugly, twisted and possessed. Riffs should stir up real feelings of repulsion, and disgust deep down in your soul, and vocals should sounds like hounds of hell howling at the moon.” You can now stream the self-titled 7″ version of “Winged Death”, with pre-orders launching soon.
- Y’all can suck it! Jon Schaffer + Hansi Kürsch = 4ever. Demons & Wizards are working on their third album – on a brief chat with a Finnish media, Schaffer promised a 2018 release date.
- Au-Dessus released a new video, album out May 19th.
- Steven Wilson, the musician, is releasing a new album To The Bone and starting a supporting tour on the 18th day of August. The first single, “Pariah” featuring the vocal talents of Ninet Tayeb is out now.
- Nergal is likewise teasing a 2018 date for the next Behemoth record.
- GUARDIAN GUARDIAN GUARDIAN OF THE LIVE.
- DevilDriver will be including Coal Chamber songs in their set for the time being. The reason this is news is
a slow news weekmy endless astonishment at how popular this decision seems, if the internet is to be believed. I mean, really? This is what you want? Okay then.
- The Faceless, for some reason, refused to appear to their AUS tour – promoter called out the band and their manager – manager called The Faceless a bunch of hacks and quit – Michael is Keene on fabricating lies, including – but not limited to – stolen gear that no one knew about and was never reported.
- As if Victory Records wasn’t getting enough crap already, now it seems Seeker has been unable to get tours because they’re signed to said label.
- Danzig streams another new song.
- Incidentally, so does Doyle (Wolfgang von Frankenstein), I wonder if this re-union thing is actually going somewhere or not.
- Rings of Saturn have a new album up on the pipe.
- Steve von Till’s Harvestman is streaming a song.
- There is a new Broken Hope song with a video out.
- Another new Suffocation song.
- And a new Origin song, with details of a new album.
- (The) Melvins debut “Christ Hammer“.
- Alice In Chains is looking to start recording.
- August 25th set for the release of Strength In Numbers, the latest album by The Haunted.
- Ragnarök’s founding bassist Tom “Jerv” Richardsen passed away as a result of a car accident.
- New Candiria video.
- New Below music is available for you to listen to.
- And, uh, Oceano.