Check Out the 2018 Transcending Obscurity Sampler and Win a Free Shirt!
Our pals at Transcending Obscurity had a killer year in 2017, releasing some big hits from Gutslit, Drug Honkey, Henry Kane, and more! Bafflingly, 2018 looks to be just as killer of a year for the international trendsetting label, with new releases en route from Morgue Supplier, P.H.O.B.O.S., and Bokluk! Today we’re teaming up with our pals at TO to bring you both some tasty new jams and a chance to win a siqqqqq shirt. Get in here to hear what the label has in store for 2018 and for a chance to win some sweet threads!
As we did just about a year ago, we’ve teamed up with Transcending Obscurity to give you a chance to win a free t-shirt that label head, hard-working maniac, and all-around great dude Kunal Choksi will send to you personally. This year’s label sampler design was created by none other Misanthropic Art and features a killer work of eldritch horror. I can personally attest to the quality of Transcending Obscurity’s shirts (no stupid box-shaped Gildan tees here), and you can rest assured sporting this tee won’t land you in a Shirt Stains column.
So how do you win one of these excellent tees? Just follow the rules below!
All you have to do to win one of those excellent Misanthropic Art shirts is: 1. Listen to the compilation. 2. Post one song in the comments and explain in 50 words why you think it rules. 3. Like Transcending Obscurity on Facebook. That’s it. I’ll pick two winners at the end of the week, and Kunal will ship you a shirt totally free. Play. Explain. Like. Win.
So what bands tickle your fancy? Are you enamored of the blood-soaked crust of Feral? Are you really feeling the malevolent riffs of Heads for the Dead? Does Crawl make you want to crawl in a hole and die? Did you break your neck headbanging to the whiplash speed of Sathanas? Are you bummed tf out by Officium Triste? Just let me know which of the 36 bands on the sampler is really painting your taint in the comments below!
You can see the full tracklist below!
1. HEADS FOR THE DEAD (International) – Serpent’s Curse (Death Metal)
2. DOWN AMONG THE DEAD MEN (International) – …And You Will Obey Me (Crust/Death Metal)
3. NATTRAVNEN (International) – Suicidium, The Seductress Of Death (Death Metal)
4. ROGGA JOHANSSON (Sweden) – The Re-emergers (Death Metal)
5. FERAL (Sweden) – Horrendous Sight (Death Metal)
6. EYE OF PURGATORY (International) – Fornever To Awaken (Swedish Death Metal)
7. CRAWL (Sweden) – Suffer (Death Metal)
8. DEPRAVITY (Australia) – Despondency (Dark Death Metal)
9. DE PROFUNDIS (UK) – War Be Upon Him (Death Metal)
10. HENRY KANE (UK) – Age of the Idiot (Death Metal/Crust)
11. SADISTIK FOREST (Finland) – Destructive Art (Death Metal)
12. WARLORD UK (UK) – Graveyard Planet (Old School Death Metal)
13. CEREBRUM (Greece) – A Face Unknown (Technical Death Metal)
14. XPUS (Italy) – Holy Sperm Upon The Lambs (Black/Death Metal)
15. BOKLUK (Spain) – Black Gush (Gnarly Death Metal)
16. SATHANAS (US) – The Left Hand Of Satan (Black/Thrash Metal)
17. NIGREDO (Greece) – Choronzon Possession (Black Metal)
18. IMPERIALIST (US) – The Singularity (Black/Death Metal)
19. OROB (France) – The Wanderer (Atmospheric Black Metal)
20. THE WANDERING ASCETIC (Singapore) – The Will To Live (Black/Thrash Metal)
21. OFFICIUM TRISTE (Netherlands) – World In Flames (Atmospheric Death/Doom Metal)
22. TOWARDS ATLANTIS LIGHTS (International) – Babylon’s Hanging Gardens (Atmospheric Doom Metal)
23. ET MORIEMUR (Czech Republic) – Dies Irae (Atmospheric Doom/Black Metal)
24. ILLIMITABLE DOLOR (Australia) – Soil She Bears (Atmospheric Death/Doom Metal)
25. LURK (Finland) – Reclaim (Atmospheric Sludge Metal)
26. ESOGENESI (Italy) – Abominio (Doom/Death Metal)
27. TÓM (Iceland) – Erak (Atmospheric Sludge/Doom)
28. CHALICE OF SUFFERING (US) – The Mist of Once Was (Doom Metal)
29. ARCHE (Finland) – Funereal Folds (Atmospheric Death/Doom Metal)
30. P.H.O.B.O.S. (France) – Igneous Tephrapotheosis (Atmospheric Black/Doom Metal)
31. VEILBURNER (US) – Where Torment Has Danced Before (Experimental Black Metal)
32. 0N0 (Slovakia) – The Crown Unknown (Atmospheric Doom/Death Metal)
33. PROJECT OMEGA (Georgia) – Al Che Per Lui Ne Fia La Terra Aperta (Experimental Black Metal)
34. MORGUE SUPPLIER (US) – Cultic Rape (Experimental Death/Grind)
35. CHAOS MOTION (France) – Perturbation Of A Spin (Technical Death Metal)
36. PYRRHIC SALVATION (US) – A Martyr To Never Awaken (Experimental Black/Death Metal)