TMP: Witchery, Shining, Pain of Salvation, and More!
There’s kind of a lot of news about older bands this week, and I am not even going to mention Metallica. Shit. I just mentioned them, didn’t I? No one say it two more times.
Punky hardcore band Code Orange are going on a tour with a rotating group of supporters.
Kreator released the title track of their new album, which will be out January 27. There’s some weird blurred nudity, fyi.
Here is a new Black Anvil song. The album will be out January 14.
Witchery released a new song last Friday with their new album set to be released this Friday.
Chicago black metal band FIN announced a new album for 2017. This artwork is sweet.
- Mike IX Williams from Eyehategod needs a liver transplant, so a crowdfunding site has been created to accept donations to help pay for all them medical bills. Here’s to hoping for a speedy recovery.
- Pain of Salvation released a new single. I would just post the video, but it’s both only on Vevo (in my country) and slightly NSFW, so click at your own peril. I was assuming this band was just going to be an old dead favorite for me, but this album might change that.
- Shining started a Patreon page. With more and more of these popping up, how likely are you to support one? I guess if the right band did it I would consider it, but that’s a very small group for me.
- Psycho Las Vegas, which pretty much just ended, already announced a few bands for next year. Start planning that trip now, fans of Neurosis, Swans, Magma, Abbath, and a few more.
- Overkill announced their 18th studio album, The Grinding Wheel, will be out February 10.
- Brujeria are playing a bunch of shows across the southern part of the country early next year.
- Hooded Menace announced a split with Algoma, and you can check out a little sample here.
- Russian Circles have a whole bunch of European dates coming up.
- Decibel is hosting a new song/video from sax black metal weirdos Aenaon.
- Red Fang are hosting a coloring book contest? Now I’ve seen everything.
- Experimental rock band Tub Ring exceeded their Kickstarter goal, and will now put some tracks on vinyl and a release new EP.
What did I miss this time?