Album Art ov the Century Tournament: Pool A – Round 2
Round 2: FIGHT!
If you were here for Round 1, you know what’s up, head down to the results below. For those that missed our intro week, here’s a quick blurb of why/what we’re doing.
Judging by the response to the previous tournament brackets we’ve held here, you all really enjoy voting on trivial shit. Basically, as long as it has no tangible effect on your life, you’ll definitely be there to discuss, rage, and ultimately decide what’s right and what’s wrong. Especially if that topic involves arbitrary opinion on art. Voter apathy be damned. So following on from our recent metal-related comps –
- Best Post-2K Band Logo Bracket
- Most Innovative Modern Guitarist
- Sexiest Dude In Metal
- Greatest Metal Concept Album
- Worst Metal Song Of All Time
- Best Unsigned Band In The USA
We thought it would be cool to see which modern album(s) you think have the greatest cover art. If you’re the type of person who holds the view that art should never be compared or judged relative to other art, that’s cool, this ain’t for you. Rather than judge us, head on back to your dialectic circle-jerk while we have a bit of fun comparing some of our favourite album covers, calling each other wrong and dumb and wrong, ad infinitum.
If you wanna check back on the individual results from Round 1 in Pool A, then you can do so here and here. If you want the TL;DR, here are the absolute smashings:
– Mastodon‘s Leviathan surprisingly pulled the plug on Remission
– The Secret extinguished Lantern
–Horrendous rightly decimated that lame Anaal Nathrakh shit
– Early tourney fave Bell Witch‘s Mirror Reaper shat on Endrot
– Gatecreeper somehow made that Edge Of Sanity look even more cartoonish.
And these matches ended up super close:
– Carcass just scraped through over Lorn‘s Arrayed Claws
– High On Fire sadly took down Awe‘s Providentia by bugger all.
– Deluge washed out Yautja.
– Execration beat Serious Beak by 0.62%
– Paysage d’Hiver staged an epic comeback and took down our Sacredest of Sons
– Deathspell Omega only just defeated Cattle Decapitation, and
– Baizley’s Baroness barely beat Howls Of Ebb.
Here are today’s matches –
Mastodon – Leviathan 
Carcass – Surgical Steel 
High On Fire – Death Is This Communion 
Intonate – The Swerve 
Volahn – Aq’Ab’Al 
The Secret – Lux Tenebris 
Kvelertak – Kvelertak 
Morbid Angel – Gateways To Annihilation 
Horrendous – Ecdysis 
Deluge – Æther 
Moss Upon The Skull – In Vengeful Reverence 
Earth – The Bees Made Honey In The Lions Skull 
Execration – Return To The Void 
Power Trip – Manifest Decimation 
Paysage d’Hiver – Paysage d’Hiver 
Opeth – Ghost Reveries 
Cormorant – Diaspora 
Rivers Of Nihil – The Conscious Seed Of Light 
Bereft – Lands 
Shroud Ritual – Five Suns 
Deathspell Omega – Fas – Ite, Maledicti, in Ignem Aeternum 
Bell Witch – Mirror Reaper 
Fen – Winter 
Gatecreeper – Sonoran Depravation 
Thou – Summit 
Baroness – Red Album 
Lotus Thief – Rervm 
Spectral Lore – III 
Stälker – Shadow Of The Sword 
Progenie Terrestre Pura – oltreLuna 
Sinmara – Aphotic Womb